52 ‘Worst’ Nursing Homes
Posted by PKSD Law Firm on Sep 24, 2008 in Nursing Homes and Elder Rights
The U.S. Government released a list of the 52 worst nursing homes in the nation according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The government says the list should provide U.S. consumers with new information when choosing a home. The list was released because a number of facilities were consistently providing poor quality of care, yet make enough changes to pass government surveys only to fail the next.
Heres a quick guide to reading the list:
- Table A New Additions to the list
- Table B Not Improved
- Table C Improving
- Table D Recently Graduated
- Table E No longer in Medicare and Medicaid
Notice there are 4 Wisconsin long-term care facilities on the lists.
- Luther Home in Marinette Table B
- Columbus Nursing & Rehabilitation in Columbus Table C
- Middleton Village in Middleton Table C
- Willows Nursing & Rehab in Sun Prairie Table C
If you need help finding a nursing home for a loved one, please click here or feel free to contact us.
Pitman, Kalkhoff & Sicula is a Wisconsin personal injury law firm handling cases through out the state. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully represented injured people in almost every county. We know Wisconsin.