Posted by PKSD Law Firm on Dec 01, 2009 in Car Accidents
- Toyota will have dealers shorten the length of the gas pedals beginning in January
- New pedals will be available in April
- Some vehicles will have brake override systems, or a smart brake. (The system will stop the car if both the brake and accelerator pedals are applied simultaneously.
- The government has attributed at least five deaths and two injuries to the floor mat-related unintended acceleration and has received reports of more than 100 incidents in which the pedal may have become stuck.
- Dealers will be instructed on how to modify the pedals before the end of the year and will begin shortening the accelerators in 2010.
- For more information, owners can contact Toyota at 800-331-4331 or the NHTSA hot line at 888-327-4236.
Vehicles included in the recall:
- 2007-2010 Toyota Camry
- 2004-2009 Toyota Prius
- 2005-2010 Toyota Avalon
- 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma
- 2007-2010 Toyota Tundra
- 2007-2010 Lexus ES350
- 2006-2010 Lexus IS250/350
PKSD is a Wisconsin personal injury law firm handling faulty product cases through out the state. Our personal injury lawyers have successfully represented injured people in almost every county. We know Wisconsin.