What should I do if I suspect nursing home resident neglect or abuse?

Posted by PKSD Law Firm on Oct 27, 2008 in FAQs

You should immediately report your concerns to the nursing home administrator, director of nursing and social worker.

PKSD is a Milwaukee personal injury law firm that handles nursing home abuse and neglect cases.  Our nursing home abuse and neglect trial team has successfully represented abused and neglected residents in almost every county.  We know Wisconsin.

You should write down what happened, when and why you feel that it is abusive or neglectful for your own personal record/file.

If you think the law has been broken, you should call the police. You can also report your concerns to the Ombudsman (resident advocate) for the nursing home.

Finally, you should report the neglect or abuse to the Division of Quality Assurance to investigate. It is very important to report and document the neglect or abuse. Be persistent and patient.

Back to top