Target Data Breach Settlement
Posted by PKSD Law Firm on May 26, 2015 in Firm News
According to court documents filed in U.S. District Court, Target has agreed to pay $10 million to settle a class-action lawsuit over its massive 2013 data breach.
Targets data breach in 2013 exposed details of as many as 40 million credit and debit card accounts and hurt its holiday sales that year. For those who meet certain criteria, the settlement covers losses up to $10,000. Our very own Jeff Pitman sat down with WISN 12 News to discuss what victims should expect next.
Potential victims have to prove they were affected by the data breach by documentation of:
- Late payment fees
- Higher interest rates
- Unauthorized charges
- Loss of access or restricted access to funds
- Costs to hire someone to help you correct your credit report
- Costs to replace your driver’s license, social security number or telephone number
If you believe you are eligible to receive compensation, the deadline to file a claim is July 31, 2015.
Established in 1999, PKSD provides outstanding legal service to the injured throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and New Mexico. With a proven record of success, at PKSD we provide legal solutions and will fight for the justice you deserve.
- Each client meets with one of our attorneys during their initial free consultation.
- We travel to you when you need to meet. Your attorney can visit you at your home, the hospital, or any place that is convenient for you.
- PKSD guarantees that you will work with a dedicated attorney and paralegal to resolve your claim.
- Get a response from our firm within one hour of contacting us about your claim.
At PKSD, your first consultation is FREE and our personal injury lawyers only get paid when we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
Call 877-877-2228, or fill out our FREE case evaluation form.