Uneven Level of Quality in Nursing Homes
A statistical analysis by The Scripps Howard News Service of the federal governments ratings of nearly 16,000 nursing homes reveals an uneven level of quality across the nation and shows how complicated it is to find a good nursing home.
The analysis shows that:
- Institutions run by for-profit corporations generally get lower scores than those run by nonprofit
- Homes with more nursing staff per patient, which also tend to be run by nonprofits, generally do better in ratings
- Homes with more than 100 beds tend to get lower scores in all categories
- Ratings are lowest in Southern states and highest for homes in the Northeast
- Slightly more than 20 percent of nursing homes nationwide have been regularly given the lowest ratings, and 12 to 13 percent have received the top rating
Nursing home abuse is a serious issue in Wisconsin, and a topic that our nursing home abuse lawyers have many years of experience litigating. If you have a loved one that has become the victim of abuse in a nursing home, we encourage you to contact a personal injury lawyer at our Milwaukee office today. We have helped to protect the rights of many abuse victims and recovered millions in compensation on their behalf. For more information, call us today at 877-877-2228 or complete the free case evaluation form on this page.
PKSD – Ph: 877-877-2228