What Should I Do After An Accident?
Knowing what to do, how to react and who to contact after an auto accident can be a very difficult task for most people.
The flashing lights of emergency vehicles, the noise from traffic, the smashed glass from broken windows and other common crash scene sights can increase these feelings of despair.
At the law offices of PKSD, we have helped numerous auto accident victims in Wisconsin to recover compensation after having been involved in an accident that was not our clients fault.
Listed below are some helpful tips that maybe of assistance if you are involved in a collision:
- If you are injured, you should seek medical care as soon as possible
- Do not say anything that implies you are at fault
- Cooperate with the police during the investigation
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company before speaking to a lawyer.
- If there are visible signs of injury, take photographs.
- Take photographs of the damage to your car.
- Write down anything the other driver may have said to you.
- Resist any insurance companys attempt to settle your claim immediately after the accident.
- Call our office immediately.