Common Types of Collisions in Wisconsin
Fortunately, automobile safety systems are far more advanced than those of the past. Cars now have crumple zones, side curtain and passenger airbags, improved child safety seat anchors and stability control which are designed to protect the occupants from injury.
However, even the newest safety measures cannot ensure 100% safety in the event of an accident. One in every 161 Wisconsin car accidents results in a fatality.
Some of the most common types of auto accidents include:
- Side impacts Vehicle damage and occupant injury are more likely to be severe, but the severity of injury depends upon safety features present, the speeds of both vehicles and vehicle weight and construction.
- Rear impacts Typical scenarios for rear-end accidents involve a car decelerating while the following motorists breaking reaction isn’t fast enough to react to the slowing or stopped vehicle in front of them resulting in a collision.
- Backup collisions Backup collisions happen when a driver reverses the car into an object, person or other car. Although most cars come equipped with rear view mirrors which are adequate for detecting vehicles behind a car, they are inadequate on many vehicles for detecting small children or objects close to the ground. Unfortunately, all mirrors have a blind spot. These accidents often occur in driveways and parking lots.
- Rollovers Rollover is a well-known defect which affects virtually all compact SUVs, minivans and 15-passenger vans. If a roof crushes substantially as a result of rollover, the chances of suffering a disabling head or neck injury increase significantly.
- Speeding accidents Collisions and serious accidents can take place any time a driver is traveling above posted limits.
Contact our Wisconsin Lawyers Today
If you have been involved in a car accident in Wisconsin, it is important to hire a lawyer who will protect your legal rights and fight to recover compensation for the losses you have suffered.
At the law offices of PKSD, our experienced attorneys thoroughly investigate each accident and work with insurance representatives to obtain a fair settlement for our clients.
Milwaukee WI, 53203
Phone: (414) 212-0000