Kristen B. Odijk
Practice Areas: Personal Injury and Nursing Home Abuse
Kristen Odijk focuses her practice on fearless advocacy for victims of personal injury and nursing home neglect and abuse. Prior to joining PKSD, Kristen was a Prosecutor in Broward County, Florida for three and a half years. During that time, she was in the courtroom every single day fighting for victims and their families. She tried approximately 10 jury and bench trials and rose in the ranks to the Felony Trial Unit where she prosecuted hundreds of serious violent felonies. Prior to being a Prosecutor, Kristen handled cases in personal injury and commercial litigation at prominent litigation firms in South Florida.
Being originally from the Midwest and having an unwavering passion for representing injured people and their families, Kristen knew that all roads would lead to Wisconsin to continue this work. Kristen’s experience has given her the skills necessary to effectively fight for the injured and their loved ones, whether it is in or out of the courtroom. Kristen also brings personal experience to PKSD and understands the difficult decision it can be placing a loved one in a nursing home or on hospice care and then losing that loved one. Both her professional and personal experiences allow Kristen to zealously advocate for injured people and their families in personal injury and wrongful death cases with compassion and tenacity.
Kristen lives in Wauwatosa with her fiancé Brad and two cats, Ace and Giannis. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, cheering for the Milwaukee Bucks, and traveling.
Memberships & Associations
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Nursing Home Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association
- Women Trial Lawyers Caucus
- Association for Women Lawyers
- State of Wisconsin
- State of Florida
- DePaul University College of Law, graduated 2016, cum laude (top 20%)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Negotiations
- Indiana University Bloomington, graduated 2013, high distinction