Milwaukee Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries or trauma due to medical malpractice in a Milwaukee hosptial, ER or medical facility, you may be entitled to receive medical negligence compensation.
The Milwaukee medical malpractice lawyers at PKSD bring their compassionate knowledge and experience to help you determine whether you may be able to receive financial compensation from a medical malpractice case.
What is Medical Malpractice Law?
When a doctor or treatment provider fails to meet the standard of care in accordance with other similar healthcare providers, medical negligence occurs.
Who can be at fault in a medical malpractice lawsuit?
- Doctor or physician
Types of Medical Malpractice
Our Wisconsin medical malpractice lawyers are well versed in a variety of cases, including some common types below:
- Surgical mistakes: often occur during surgery if the wrong organ or body part is operated on; if medical equipment is left in the body; or if another error occurs during surgery. Surgical errors can also happen after surgery if improper procedures take place that result in further injuries or infections; improper medication errors are made; or failure to provide the patient with proper post-operative care instructions.
- Childbirth injuries: occur if an injury to an unborn fetus, mother or baby is caused by a doctor or healthcare providers negligence. Medical malpractice may also happen when a doctor or healthcare provider fails to diagnose or identify conditions associated with the mother, unborn fetus or baby.
- Misdiagnosis: can happen when a doctor misdiagnoses or fails to diagnose a given condition. This is one of the most common medical malpractice cases. If another doctor with similar skills and competence can be shown to effectively diagnose such a condition, then medical negligence may have taken place.
- Anesthesia mistakes: happens when an anesthesiologist fails to research the patients medical history; uses defective equipment; fails to check vital signs; improperly places tubes/ devices; or fails to provide the patient with proper post care instructions.
- Medication errors: this can happen when a patient is given the wrong medication; if the patient is given the improper medication dosage; or if a doctor fails to identify an interaction with another drug that brings harm to the patient.
When to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
The Wisconsin statute of limitations require an appropriate party to file a medical malpractice lawsuit within one year of discovering an injury, or within three years of when the negligence took place. Claims filed for minors under ten years of age must be done prior to the childs tenth birthday.
If this deadline passes, the court will most probably refuse to hear the case. Do you have a case? It is important to file a claim as soon as possible by speaking with one of our experienced and compassionate attorneys.
What Damages May be Available in a Medical Malpractice Case?
- Special damages: this includes damages resulting in expenses incurred from medical malpractice. Examples include additional medical bills, ambulance fees, health care consultations, lost wages and more.
- General damages: this includes damages resulting in the mental and emotional anguish of the medical negligence. Damages related to trauma, safety, pain, loss of enjoyment, loss of future earning capabilities and more fall under this category.
- Punitive damages: this includes damages to punish the doctor or health care provider that knew of his or her wrong conduct that resulted in medical malpractice.
- Attorney fees and interests: this includes expenses that were incurred from the attorney in bringing the lawsuit forward. The defendant will sometimes be responsible for reimbursing this fee to the appropriate party.
Contact a Milwaukee Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Contact us toll free at 877-877-2228 or reach a personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee online by completing our "Free Case Evaluation" or engage in a "Live Chat" to speak directly to our team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your initial consultation is FREE, and we only get paid when a recovery is made on your behalf. We want to support you in getting the closure and compensation you deserve.
PKSD - Trusted Milwaukee Injury Lawyers. Ph: 877-877-2228