Is it Ever Too Late to Call an Attorney After a Car Crash?
Posted by PKSD Law Firm on November 17, 2021 in Car Accidents
Accident victims may often put off calling an attorney after a car crash. Unfortunately, this delay can harm your claim or worse still, you could end up being unable to make any recovery at all.
The good news is that PKSD takes injury claims on contingency, so you pay nothing up front. Our initial case reviews are also free, so you can learn if you have a valid claim at no risk to you.
Trusted law firm. Proven Results. 877-877-2228
Reasons Crash Victims Delay Getting Legal Help
Car accidents are difficult for everyone involved, even in the best circumstances. If it happens to you, there is much to think about, such as how to get the medical care you need – and pay for it. Despite these and other concerns, many crash victims may find calling a lawyer uncomfortable or intimidating. Others may be worried about how much it could cost or if they even have a claim worth pursuing.
There is a lot to do after a car crash, all of which can feel overwhelming if you are trying to recover from injuries. That said, who can concentrate on getting better if you are unable to work and have bills to pay?
Seeking Legal Help Sooner is Better
There are a lot of valid reasons that injured victims may wait to call an attorney. However, even if it is not too late to call a crash lawyer, seeking legal help later could still hurt your chances of getting compensated.
Calling a personal injury lawyer right after a traffic accident provides these and other benefits to crash victims:
- A free meeting with a qualified attorney, with no obligation to file a claim
- Case reviews that are confidential and protected by attorney-client privilege
- A qualified attorney to help you understand if you have a valid claim you can pursue
- Legal help from day one, helping you to avoid costly mistakes, like trying to hide preexisting conditions
- Someone to handle calls with third parties, including the insurance company, on your behalf
- A full investigation into the events that led up to the collision and resulted in you suffering injuries
- Legal representation that works to build a strong claim while fighting for full compensation
- Zero risk to you since we do not get paid our attorney fees if we do not win your case
When Could it Be Too Late to Call a Lawyer?
Crash victims who initially waited to get legal help may later realize they are in over their heads. They may wonder if it is now too late to call a crash lawyer. However, whether it is too late to call a lawyer depends on various factors unique to your situation, such as:
- When your accident happened – the statute of limitations in Wisconsin is three years from the date of your accident. If you miss this filing deadline, you may be barred from filing a claim.
- Is there enough time for an attorney to fully investigate your crash, build a strong claim and negotiate fair compensation?
Since many personal injury lawyers take car crash claims on contingency, they do not get paid anything up front. They also do not collect any fees for their services unless they win your case. If a firm knows they cannot win a case, such as if it is too close to the filing deadline, they may choose not to represent you.
Call Our Trusted Law Firm for a Free Case Review
Still unsure if you should get legal help or if it is too late to call a lawyer? Calling a lawyer sooner is better than waiting, and we are prepared to answer your legal questions. If you did wait to call, there is still no risk in scheduling a free case review to find out what options you may still have.
At PKSD, we have staff ready to take your call anytime, night or day. We understand it may seem intimidating, but we have been helping injured victims in Wisconsin for decades. We have proven results that show just how hard we are ready to work for you.
Call to set up your free case review with one of our experienced car crash attorneys in Milwaukee. We are here to help.
No Upfront Costs. Millions Recovered. 877-877-2228