PKSD Newsletter: Could Injured Workers Have a Third-Party Claim?
Posted by PKSD Law Firm on October 12, 2022 in Personal Injury
The Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that millions of workers get injured and thousands more die every year. Of those individuals, nearly 50 percent have to take time off while they recover from a workplace injury or occupational illness. Annually, these incidents cost workers, their employers and the insurance companies billions of dollars.
Those injured on the job file a workers’ compensation to recover what they believe to be their only source of financial help. However, there are some situations where workers may be able to recover additional compensation through a third-party claim.
What Types of Injuries Happen in the Workplace?
Some industries, such as construction and road work, have a higher-than-usual risk for being injured on the job. However, even office workers can suffer from a work-related accident or occupational illness.
Common injuries that occur on the job may include:
- Sprain and strain injuries caused by overexertion or improper lifting
- Slip and fall injuries resulting from hazardous situations in an office, construction site and other work environments
- Defective machinery may cause serious or fatal harm – workers may have a defective product lawsuit as well as a workers’ compensation claim
- Falling objects from scaffolding at a construction site may be due to defective equipment or other negligence
- Repetitive motion injuries – these types of injuries are extremely common, both for office workers and those in other industries where any type of repetitive motion occurs.
- Motor vehicle crashes – common occurrences for those who drive a company car, as well as for construction workers who may drive trucks or other large vehicles on the job
Never Rule Out the Possibility of a Third-Party Claim
Although many injuries that happen on the job may appear to be straightforward, workers’ should never rule out the possibility of a third-party claim.
The October PKSD Newsletter provides a lot of information for workers who get injured or suffer an illness on the job. Learn more about on-the-job injuries and illnesses that may be eligible for further compensation through a third-party claim.
Not Sure if You Have a Third-Party Claim? Call Our Firm to Learn More
At PKSD, we offer a completely free consultation to injured victims. Whether you were hurt using defective equipment or driving the company car, you may have more legal options than you realize.
Contact our firm anytime, night or day to request your free case review. You can use this meeting to get answers to your questions and learn about your legal options. Our Milwaukee-based personal injury lawyers have extensive experience and are ready to help.
If you choose our firm to represent you, there are no upfront costs or fees to pay. We only get paid if we win your case.
PKSD. Experienced Lawyers With Proven Results. 877-877-2228